Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] H.223 dissector - separate "bitswapping" intoseparate dissec

From: "Anders Broman" <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:28:56 +0100
Committed revision 20893.
Best regards
Anders

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] För Richard van der Hoff
Skickat: den 19 februari 2007 02:33
Till: Developer support list for Wireshark
Ämne: [Wireshark-dev] H.223 dissector - separate "bitswapping" intoseparate
dissector

The H.223 dissector contains code to deal with "bitswapped" captures -
ie, where all of the bytes have their bits backwards. It seems that this
is much better handled as a separate dissector entry point, so that the
right one can be chosen when the dissector is registered, rather than
the current dubious heuristics.

Please could this patch be reviewed and checked in, as a precursor to my
forthcoming addition of H.223-over-RTP dissection?

Thanks,

Richard