Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building RPM with Lua support

From: "Douglas Pratley" <Douglas.pratley@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 09:43:32 -0000
Hi Luis

The "problem" was that the settings for the RPM build are not controlled
by switches to the root "./configure" call, but by switches specified in
"./packaging/rpm/SPECS/wireshark.specs.in" (which gets used _by_ the
root "./configure" to build "wireshark.spec", which in turn _contains_ a
second call to "./configure" which controls the RPM build).

This is all a bit unintuitive to a Windows guy, and doesn't seem to be
documented (I'll try to add a note to the Developer's Guide), but I
managed to build an RPM that required Lua to be installed first.

Annoyingly, it still doesn't seem to pick up "init.lua", but I'll do
some debugging before yelling for help again.

Cheers

Doug