Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Stats_tree generalization

From: Andy Howell <AndyHowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 01:25:08 -0600
Hello,

I've just added support for "tap" and stats_tree in my dissector. I would like to have a stats_tree-like display that includes my own columns. In particular, I want a summary of the number of bytes sent by each message type in my protocol.

I can see three options:

1) Modify the existing stats_tree code to handle a developer defined set of columns.

2) Copy the stat_tree code and hack away at the copy

3) Use the tap mechanism directly and write custom gui code.

The first option seems the most appealing in that I could contribute back the code. The second would probably be the fastest to develop.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

	Andy