Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Patch for bug 310

From: "Steve Schaeffer" <schasj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 10:32:59 -0700
Ulf Lamping wrote:

Steve Schaeffer wrote:

This patch fixes the issue of adding list widget numbers to the packet
history instead of adding frame numbers.

No it doesn't!

After applying the display filter, the history is completely empty now.

Did you even tried that patch yourself under the situation described in the bug report?

Regards, ULFL

P.S: Why don't you attach the patch to the bug report?

Let us review...

I submitted this bug report 18 months ago and you said you'd have a look at it.

Almost 3 months ago I pointed you to the source of the problem, as I see it.

I finally have some time to dig into it myself and provide a patch that *does* fix the issue to my satisfaction, and yes I did test it, again to my satisfaction, and all you can do is make snide comments?

If you don't like what I've submitted then why not expand on what I've done to *your* satisfaction?

You might want to take a look at just how it is you encourage input to an open source project.