Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problems building the SVN version without having an installe

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 15:46:25 -0800
Michael Tuexen wrote:

on a Mac OS X 10.4 system make fails with

So why is /usr/local/lib/libwireshark.0.0.1.dylib referenced explicitly?

I don't know - I tried moving my installed (in /usr/local/lib) versions of libwire* out of the way, checking out a new SVN tree, configuring, and building, and it worked; the libtool command linked with "-lwireshark" rather than with an explicit pathname.

Was this with a fresh SVN tree? If not, what happens if you do "make maintainerclean" and then start from the beginning, i.e. with "./autogen.sh" and running "configure" with the appropriate options?