Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] new dissector for the DekTop PassThrough protocol

From: "Dr. Uwe Girlich" <Uwe.Girlich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 14:31:57 +0100
Hello!

After a long period of silence I found it again necessary to add something to
Wireshark. I just committed (revision 20839) a new dissector for the DTPT
(DekTop PassThrough) protocol, which is used by ActiveSync to access the
network from a PDA with Windows Mobile 5 over an USB cable. See for example
http://www.synce.org/index.php/DTPT

The dissector is not yet complete, because I did not see yet all possible
packet types but it already helped me improving the existing DTPT proxy for
Linux.

It is good to see still the same dedication and passion as I found some years
ago in this mailing list. I like working on Wireshark a lot, because it is
simply one of the most developer-friendly frameworks.

Regards, Uwe Girlich