Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Adding a dissector for "Analyze->Decode As" only

From: "Ravi Kondamuru" <ravikondamuru@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:28:36 -0800
Hi,

I am trying to write a dissector for a non-standard rpc protocol. Writing a heuristic to automatically identify the protocol is getting too complicated. So, I was wondering if I could add a dissector that can be used when I select a connection and explictly say Decode As.

Is it possible to do that? If it is, any pointers to notes on how can it be done?

thanks,
Ravi.