Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Saving settings as "Profiles"

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:03:08 -0800

On Feb 16, 2007, at 9:47 AM, Michael Lum wrote:

But I meant the ability to have a display filter used whenever
a file is loaded.  Even if I double-click on a capture file
I would like Wireshark to apply my default display
filter on the first pass/processing.

"Apply" as in "completely discard packets that don't match" (i.e., function as a read filter), or "apply" as in "hide packets that don't match" (i.e., function as a display filter, so if you clear the filter you get to see all the packets in the capture)?