Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] sample dissector

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:01:24 +0800

ali alkhalidi wrote:
greetings All,

I know that this sounds boring (a new wireshark dissector is in the
block), but no matter how I tackel this problem it beats be off.

I'm following on the README.developer instructions in that after I
craft my dissector, I only need to place the file into the dissector/
directory having a name of packet-foo.c and adding this last name to
the DISSECTOR_SRC macro.

problem is that, whenever I compile wireshark, starting at the top
level directory, I get libwireshark undefined reference to
proto_register_foo ?!

Where did you change DISSECTOR_SRC? If you changed it in "Makefile.am" or "Makefile.in" then you must also run automake or autogen.sh (not sure which) or ./configure to propogate that change into the real "Makefile".

Or you could just change it in the Makefile.