Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Saving settings as "Profiles"

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:51:51 -0800

On Feb 15, 2007, at 5:35 PM, Michael Lum wrote:

It would also be nice to have filters associated to the saved settings.

"Associated" in the sense that a profile would include a set of filters as well as a set of properties?

I believe the capture file is loaded a second time after the filter is
applied?

The list of packets is reprocessed, to see which ones match the filter, but the file isn't re-read.