Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Saving settings as "Profiles"

From: "Luis Ontanon" <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 23:23:36 +0100
On 2/15/07, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx> wrote:
Luis Ontanon wrote:
> Overall it looks like a feasable project not something *very* complex
> to implement.

You might miss the most work intensive point here: how to compare /
merge two different sets in a GUI way?

I do not see why there's a need to compare/merge them...

I'm thinking in something like HP's high-end printers print format
dialogs, there you can save a certain group of settings, and if you
modify some settings you might want to save the settings (all of them)
with another name.

So, for example, I have a "2x2" saved setting that prints two pages
per side on both sides, I might want to modify that to zoom by 110%
and save it again as "2x2-110". There there's no need whatsoever to
compare two sets of settings.

> Luis
>
> PS. Don't count on me for implementing it I'm already over-threaded as
> it is right now.

Yes, you might finish some projects (including documentation) still
being marked experimental before starting new topics ;-)

Ack, I being writing too much C and too little english (and Lua).

BTW, you are aware just of what's already checked in... I got plenty
of unfinished projects I've never checked in (abnf2eth, diameter
dictionary parser with filterable fields, Lua's "Cursor"
parser-generator (based on tvbparse), and other "semi-useless"
experiments that probably will never see the light). Plus the one I'm
on as for now that I *have* to fiinish (because I need them for
work)...

Luis
-- Marshall McLuhan