Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Saving settings as "Profiles"

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 14:01:55 -0800

On Feb 15, 2007, at 1:22 PM, Andy Howell wrote:

Saving setting based on just the file name would not work for me, as I
often have files with the same name but different settings. The files
end up in different directories.

You probably don't have two files with the same name *in the same directory*. "Associated with" was meant to imply "in the same directory as", e.g. if you have ~/captures/long_smb_trace.pcap, the settings would be in ~/captures/long_smb_trace.wssettings.