Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] saving "User Specified Decodes"

From: Andy Howell <AndyHowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:12:36 -0600
Hello,

I just asked on the user list if there any way to save the "decode as" settings? It seems there is not. I have pcap files with the same protocol across many different UDP ports. Its very time consuming to go through each port one-by-one and set the protocol with the decode-as.

I using wireshark 0.99.4

On the Analyze menu, there is a "User Specified Decodes" that shows my current settings. It does not have a way to save these. An option to save these in say ~/.wireshark/userdecodes would be really useful.

If someone can point me in the right direction I'd be happy to try to implement that or something like it.

Thanks,

	Andy