Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Developing Wireshark under Visual Studio 2003/2005

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:40:28 +0000
Still Life wrote:
> Hi to all,
> H've already worked on a plugin dissector
> for Wireshark and I was able to develop it using
> a visual studio 2003 project.
> Now I need to add some feature to the "Statistics"
> menu and I'm thinking to create a visual studio project
> to work on the whole Wireshark source code.
> I read the following page but is explained
> only how to build wireshark with the nmake system:
> http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/MSVC7
>
> Is there someone who have already set up a Visual
> Studio 2003/2005 project I can start with?

Some folks have created their own, but there is no official one, I did
this some time ago for VC6, but abandoned it as unnecessary and
unmaintainable.

With the current build it is likely to be very difficult to integrate
the external tools required.

> Is there some giude/wiki to set up a Visual Studio
> 2003/2005 project for the whole Wireshark source?

Not that I know of.  Why do you feel that you need to use a project?

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice