Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Changing version number for Wireshark

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:15:01 +0100
Erik Bender wrote:

Hi,

I have the source code for Wireshark 0.99.4. Now, I made some small modifications/changes to it for internal purposes in my company and would like to change the version of it to something that I can easily recognize when checking the "Help->About" menu. Something like " 0.99.4-my_company_name".

I changed the VERSION number in the Makefile at the root directory and also changed the name of the directory containing the code. But I still see the original version as "0.99.4". There is something that I'm missing, I would like to get instructions on how to achieve this.

I guess you mean the VERSION_EXTRA setting in config.nmake.

Don't forget to make a distclean after changing it ...

Regards, ULFL