Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Submitting a patch

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 19:00:24 +0100
Gerhard Gappmeier wrote:
I'm using tortoise SVN, right clicking on the folder "plugins" and using
"Create Patch".
The resulting patch file contains every file in the subfolder "opcua" twice.
Does anyone know this problem und how to solve that?
No, not really.

It *may* help to create a patch from the toplevel source dir and strip down unnecessary parts if necessary.
I could also zip the sources and send you that instead.
You may try at least to create a patch for the makefiles in the plugins dir and in addition a zip of your plugin\opcua folder.

Please read the coding guidelines in doc\README.developer *before* submitting your code! THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!
The next question is: After you have verified and integrated the code,
can I get access to the subfolder "plugins/opcua", so that I can check
in the following changes directly?
No. You can only get write access for the full repository, but you would need to submit "good code"(tm) on a frequent basis (not only occasionally) to gain that access.
I attached the readme containing some background information of OpcUa
and the current status.
You may add a Wiki protocol page for opcua and link from http://wiki.wireshark.org/FieldbusProtocolFamily to it (I guess it best fits into the fieldbus family, or am I wrong here?).
The OPC Foundation offers a free Opc Ua stack implementation in ANSI C
for all members.
"a free implementation for all members" - sic!

Regards, ULFL