Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] reassembly modifications

From: Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 12:05:44 +0000
Hi guys,

I'm looking at making some modifications to the reassembly code; in particular, I want to support reassembly over RTP, which uses sequence numbers, but not in quite the way fragment_add_seq() expects.

Rather than yet another cut+paste of fragment_add_seq(), I thought I might factor out the common parts of fragment_add_seq(), fragment_add_dcerpc_dg() and fragment_add_seq_check_work() into a new function.

Does this seem reasonable? Would you accept a patch which does so?

Also, does anybody have any good test data for the reassembly code? I could create much of what I need, but one thing I'm really struggling to create is an 802.11 capture, fragmented at the 802.11 (rather than IP) level. Anybody able to produce one of them?

Thanks,

Richard

PS: Still hoping for my patch to README.developer to be reviewed...

--
Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Telephony Gateways Project Manager