Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector works with .pcap file but does not work with .pkt

From: Jim L Hartwig <jhartwig@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:30:33 -0600

I found the problem.
We were looking at the wrong TCP port.
Thanks

Regards,
Jim Hartwig
Texas Engineering Center
Voice:    972. 952. 3307
Raynet:  427. 3307

"Luis Ontanon" <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

02/06/2007 05:18 PM
Please respond to
Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Developer support list for Wireshark" <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector works with .pcap file but does not        work with .pkt file

The way things work *.pkt can be in any format, wiretap recognizes
file types by its contents.
Can you be more specific about the file format?
If you use capinfos, what it says about it?

BTW, In order to have it fixed we need two files that show this
behaviour. You could write a bug report on this and attach a pcap and
a pkt  (small) files showing this behaviour to it.

Luis

On 2/6/07, Jim L Hartwig <jhartwig@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Has anyone encountered this problem ?
>
> Regards,