Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector pipelines suggestion

From: Shehjar Tikoo <shehjart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 10:56:20 +1100
Hi all

With regards to the NFS anonymizer that I am working on currently, I was wondering, whether a feature like multiple dissectors for single protocol would be a good idea.

Mainly, the idea is that there can be a pipeline or a queue of dissectors for the same protocol but only one of them has the capability/right/priority to update or access the wireshark/tshark UI. This particular UI-attached dissector could then either be user-selectable or selected from the pipeline based on some other conditions.

What do the devs think?

Regards
Shehjar