Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] U3 questions/remarks

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 17:37:20 +0100
Graeme Lunt wrote:
The name would be something like "0.99.5", "0.99.6-SVN-20681" or
"Version 0.99.5".

Producing a name-based GUID of this version string is both standard
and future-proof - as you note, the version numbering may change. It
also allows developers to use non-standard naming  e.g. "Graeme's
Development Version" for their private versions.
Ah, now I understand!

Sounds good.

Regards, ULFL