Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] "Decode Selected Bytes As"

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig.bjorlykke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 18:30:31 +0100
Hi.

I have some ASN.1 captures with a octetstring containing another ASN. 1 block.
This is shown as:

  OCTETSTRING: 308204CE81...

I would really like to have a "Decode Selected Bytes As" function to dissect this block as ASN.1 without having to "Export Selected Packet Bytes..." to another file and then have to open this file. Any ideas how this could be implemented?

Is it possible to add another entry to the Packet List after such a dissection?

Attached an example ASN.1 file.

--
Stig Bjørlykke