Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Add checksum validation option for MTP2

From: "Luis Ontanon" <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 15:41:33 +0100
On 2/5/07, Florent.Drouin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<Florent.Drouin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      Hello Jeff,
Thank you for your comments, I will follow your advices and request a new
DLT for MTP2 with FCS.
But before, I will, first, ask for the agreement of the board manufacturer.
I hope they will not disagree..

In the same time, if someone has samples of use for the MTP2 DLT, it could
be very helpfull.
Maybe, the right way will be to have :
- DLT_MTP2_noFCS for K12 files,

k12 files use a single WTAP_ENCAP_K12 and the actual protocol is
choosen by name by the user associating it with the ".stk" file
declared for a given port. As far as the dissecctor handle called by
the name "mtp2" does not change its behaviour there's no problem.

- DLT_MTP2_FCS, for this board.
- and to keep the current DLT_MTP2 for compatibility.