Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] U3 questions/remarks

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 10:59:15 -0800
Graeme Lunt wrote:

Well, I've just had a quick look at this and it appears to be because the
Wireshark icon I put into the manifest has more than 256 colours. This is
not a problem for the main launchpad window but it apparently a problem for
the "More Programs" sub menu. To be fair the U3 spec says it should only be
256 colours. So I'll look at updating the makefile to automatically
downgrade the icon for the U3 package.

If I remember correctly (which I might not be doing), Windows icon files can include multiple color depths; if so, perhaps the Wireshark icon should have multiple color depths in it, starting with 256 colors (do the versions of Windows we support handle any lower color depths?).