Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Multiple pdus atop TCP -- a lie in README.developer?

From: Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 01:42:38 +0000
Guy Harris wrote:
Then

	1) have a dissector for a single one of your PDUs;

2) use that dissector with tcp_dissect_pdus() when dissecting your protocol over TCP;

3) write your own reassembly code for other protocols and call your single-PDU dissector from that code.

And implement equivalents for tcp_dissect_pdus() for the other transport protocols? Ok; that makes some sense I guess (although seems to tie together the dissectors unnecessarily).

But my real question still stands: does the technique in README.developer section 2.7.2, with updating pinfo->desegment_offset and pinfo->desegment_len, not work?

--
Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Systems Analyst