Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Is anyone working/planning ANSI C12.22

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:45:51 -0800

On Jan 31, 2007, at 1:34 PM, jim@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Is anyone working on or planning a ANSI C12.22 dissector? C12.22 is the
designation of a new standard that is being developed to allow the
transport of ANSI C12.19 table data over networked connections.

If not, I'd like to get it on the wish list.

The closest things we have to a wish list are

	1) the wish list on the Wireshark Wiki, at

		http://wiki.wireshark.org/WishList

and

	2) the bug database, at

		http://bugs.wireshark.org/

	   where one can file a "bug" of severity "Enhancement".

Note, however, that neither of those guarantee that it will be put on any schedule. By and large, dissectors are written by the people who need them, so you might have to wait until somebody who needs that dissector implements it.