Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] U3 questions/remarks

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:40:14 -0500
Just one comment about the name:  Personally, I prefer the version as
part of the program name, not just for U3, but I would prefer it for all
installs actually.

Wireshark gets installed on quite a few of our servers and the only way
to know which version has been installed, and thus which ones need
upgrading, is either to start the program and read the version from
"Help -> About Wireshark", or on Windows at least, to either view the
program in "Add/Remove Programs" or look in "C:\Program
Files\Wireshark\plugins\" for the version.  None of these methods are
particularly convenient though, especially when having to deal with
multiple servers, as we do.

- Chris