Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] col_add_fstr doesn't _add_ string to column

From: Amit Khullar <amit.khullar@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 15:57:12 +0000
Hi,

col_append_fstr() could be used.

cheers,
Amit

Wiese, Hendrik wrote:

Hi list,

I've got another problem here developing a dissector: why doesn't
col_add_fstr() really _add_ (append) a string to the selected column,
but clears the column and fills it with a new one?

I've got some TPKT encapsulated messages here inside a single TCP packet
and I'd like to get all of them displayed in the COL_INFO column one
after another. Fetching the messages out of the TPKT encapsulation
already works but only the last fetched message is displayed in the
column. So I think col_add_fstr erases the column before adding the
string.
Is there any kind of 'Wireshark API' function reference somewhere on the
web? How do I really _append_ a text to a column?
Thanks alot

regards,
Hendrik