Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] U3 questions/remarks

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 05:30:10 +0100
Hi List!

As I'm a proud owner of an U3 stick now, I can test this ;-)

Some minor things I've noticed:

- All programs I've installed on the stick (OpenOffice, Firefox, Winamp, ...) either shows only the program name "Winamp", or the suffix "for U3" like in "Mozilla Firefox for U3". Wireshark shows "Wireshark 0.99.5pre2". Should the version number be replaced by "for U3"? - After installation, WS was in the "more programs" area (there are only space for 9 programs - and I've installed more) - but it doesn't showed an icon! Other programs didn't had such problems. Has this something to do with the icon problem recently mentioned on the list? Interestingly, after I've moved WS up in the list (into the "normal" area) the icon is shown now. Any ideas? - if running under U3, this should be mentioned in the About box (appended to "Running on ...")?

WinPcap:
- if WinPcap was manually uninstalled (without a reboot in the meantime), starting WS from U3 won't ask for a new WinPcap install (the detection logic might better use the uninstall string from the registry)

However, it's working just fine (keep up the good work Graeme :-)!

Regards, ULFL