Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Need help about subprotocol

From: Amit Khullar <amit.khullar@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:11:15 +0000
Hi,

Just wondering if you can have multiple independent dissectors which are registered with a particular name. Then in your main dissector using call_dissector() you could call different dissectors for different "type field".
Pardon me if I could not understand your query.

regards
Amit

Bingyao Du wrote:

Hi all,

The protocol I'm dissecting has a "header" portion, that contains a "type field", and then a payload with different format for each type. The Header protion contains several fields.

I thinks it's better to display the packet with two dissectors, just looks like IP dissector and TCP dissector. What should I do? Or could you send me an example or demo? Thanks very much. BTW, I'm troubled by the problem for several days. I have tried several way, but it doesn't work:( -Bingyao