Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark Windows build Problem

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 21:54:11 +0100
Richard Robinson wrote:

Hi,

I have tried building the windows version of wireshark which all goes smoothly, except when I try to run Wireshark I get the following Error message when I try to run Wireshark.exe (Runtime error R6034) which is improper invocation of the C runtime library. if someone could make some suggestions as to what settings need to be changed to correct this problem I would be very grateful. Sorry if I being stupid!

You'll need the msvcr*.dll along with the wireshark exe.

See: http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChToolsMSChain.html#id4740685

You didn't specify which compiler variant you use and how you invoked WS...

Regards, ULFL