Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Dissecting Objects

From: David Dugoujon <dav176fr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 02:30:43 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

I am writing a plugin for several protocols (Tier2
architecture) that share common object types. I have
to analyse these objects before I can determine their
size. I would like to know what is the best method to
dissect these objects.

* Do I need to write another dissectors for these
objects? But how can I be sure that the control will
come back to the parent dissector and how will I be
informed about the new offset in tvb buffer?

* Can I externalize the decoding function into a
common file? But how to handle hf_register_info
correctly?

* Do I need to (re)write my object decoding functions
for each protocol dissector? the easiest but the worst
case

* Another suggestion?

Where could I find some examples that resolve this
kind of problem?

Thanks,

David

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.