Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Win32: Visual Studio Express as default?

From: "Jacques, Olivier \(PD&E IT Test\)" <olivier.jacques@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 17:10:26 +0100
Hello,

I have successfully compiled WS by following the new procedure on the WS
developer guide:
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html/#ChSetupWin32
The team did a great job: now everybody can compile WS for free!

Now, the issue I have is that plugins compiled with this setup do not
load in earlier versions of WS (compiled with VC6). I get an error
"unable to load module". It seems that installing MS C-Runtime
redistributable package solves this (vcredist -
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4
C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en).

My question is when will be the main stream WS be compiled with Visual
Studio Express? (which will (not 100% sure) remove this issue).

Best regards,
Olivier Jacques