Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Crash when loading large capture files

From: Mike Tisdell <Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:08:59 -0800
Dev,

Wireshark crashes regularly when I try to load large capture files (over
100MB) on my FreeBSD system. I am currently using Wireshark
wireshark-0.99.4_1, and FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE, but I have seen this problem
through several version of Wireshark, and under previous version of FreeBSD.

The output from the gdb backtrace is:

Core was generated by `wireshark'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0x29e7eebf in ?? ()
(gdb)

Is there any additional information that might be helpful in tracking down
this problem?

Mike Tisdell