Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 20491: /trunk/docbook/ /trunk/docboo

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 03:28:46 +0100
Guy Harris wrote:
On Jan 18, 2007, at 4:17 PM, Luis Ontanon wrote:

oops that would be
$(PERL) -ae 'chomp; print "$_\015";' <infile >outfile

...and the same for the others.

Hmmm, in the meantime I'm not so sure if the decision to *not* use the subversion eol-style setting was such a good idea.

My concern against it was that it's too hidden to be understandable.

However, the current implementation doesn't look very nice - and is hard to understand as well - probably even harder than the eol-style thing (at least for me :-).

In the meantime I think that setting the subversion eol-style properties of the bash files to LF will be much easier to handle in the long run. This way we always get LF endings for these files, regardless which platform the user works on. It should work on both Unix and Windows without any further intervention, we could add a hint to the bash file header comment, so adding a new file is not that painful if using an older one as a template...

What do others think about this?

Regards, ULFL