Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Online Help is now enabled as default - win32 developer action r

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 02:41:51 +0100
Hi List!

I did the final steps to enable the Help buttons in various dialogs pointing to the right places in the User's Guide.

Pressing the help button will:
- on Win32 only: if available, open the Windows Help viewer with locally installed user-guide.chm file - and if that fails ... - on all systems: start a web browser and open the corresponding wireshark.org online page

As a Unix developer you don't need anything more to do - the required mechanisms are already implemented.

As a Win32 developer, you need to:
- execute the setup target, to get the user-guide.chm file and have it at the appropriate place - install the HTML Help Workshop from: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/htmlhelp/html/hwMicrosoftHTMLHelpDownloads.asp
or:
- comment out the HHC_DIR in config.nmake, however, this disables this feature completely

As the HTML help mechanism is too user friendly to be ignored, the above developer actions is required.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Regards, ULFL