Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Is it possible to somehow override builtin LAPD?

From: "Jonas Nilsson A \(LI/EAB\)" <jonas.a.nilsson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:03:19 +0100
Title: Is it possible to somehow override builtin LAPD?

Hi,

I am new to Wireshark so excuse me if this topic has been covered before (I have searched for an answer without finding it).

In the builtin LAPD dissector there a number of protocols defined in the lapd_sapi.h file. My problem is that I would like to dissect other protocols on top of LAPD that (in some cases) uses the same SAPI as the ones already defined.

I would like to be able to distribute the protocols running on top of LAPD as plugins together with the binary windows distribution but I will have a conflict for at least one of the protocols on top of LAPD.

What if I would distribute a modified LAPD as a plugin? Would that somehow override the builtin LAPD dissector? Is there a better way of getting around this problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Jonas