Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] write plugin following README.plugins

From: Sebastien Tandel <sebastien@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 14:07:28 +0100
Armin Wasicek wrote:
>> It is not the purpose of README.plugin to describe how to compile
>> wireshark from svn.
>>

> What's its purpose then?
>
> Let me quote the file's section 4, which says
>
> ./configure --prefix=${HOME}/build/root;make install
>
> Just adding one line before ("./autogen.sh"), could help someone, that's
> all I'm saying.

autogen.sh must only be executed while downloading the source from svn ...

If you have to describe the entire doc of 'how to compile wireshark'
(lib dependencies, instructions to execute, when downloaded from svn,
for win32 or unix, ...) for each doc on howto code into specific parts
of wireshark (dissector, plugin, use of emem, wiretap, ...), it would be
a mess and impossible to manage.

A pointer to the doc on the web could be more useful ...

Regards,

Sebastien Tandel