Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wccp dissector update

From: Andrej Mikus <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 23:35:48 +0100
Team,

I started creating an update for wccp dissector, trying to add support for
mask assignment and it looks like that fragment reassembly will be also
needed.

Thinking also of adding some more possibilities to filter,
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/dfref/w/wccp.html

Is someone is doing this already, we could perhaps cooperate.

I've got source tree downloaded, compiled with some changes and running
under Linux. My Windows development experience is quite limited, I used
just Cygwin so far. In the documentation I see that gcc under Cygwin can
compile Wireshark.

Most of users around me are using Windows build of Ethereal or
Wireshark. I have also found information about builing Windows binary
with Cygwin gcc that does not need cygwin.dll. Is it possible to build
an independent plugin with this environment?

Many thanks for any cooperation.

Andrej Mikus