Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Build Error in 0.99.4 LNK1181/U1073

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 00:41:36 +1100
Jan Kokott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found out that much.
> The -i option I got from
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/U1077.asp
> maybe that wasn´t a good idea.

It depends. -k or -i can get as much as possible compiled in one run.
You then run (n)make again without the option to fix the ones that
didn't compile the first time.

> I found out, that the problem started with the libui.lib (in GTK) which couldn´t be build.
> There seems to be another declaration of somehting in VS 2005 (V.8) that tries to overwrite one of the definitions in the wireshark sources.
>
> After commenting out the IFNDEF line in the source of VS, it worked further on to the next problem with the openssl.h which was called in the GTK Package and a new error.
>
> It just looked like my environment isn´t suitable for that task.(VS 2005 V8, cygwin and nmake.exe)
> Switching to linux (ubuntu) should help me at least compiling wireshark and starting with my 802.15.4 plugin project.
>
> If you want to have more Information about my problem, I could switch back to Windows, but for now I will use Linux instead.
> Thank you anyway.

Upgrade to the latest SVN. It compiles with MSCV2005 with almost no
fiddling. There has been an ongoing discussion in wireshark-dev between
Ulf, Anders, Laurent and me (with a few others thrown in for good
measure) over the last couple of weeks to get it working.

                -- Dr. Who