Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Slow startup delay caused by uninitialized variable...

From: Kovarththanan Rajaratnam <krj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:22:33 +0100
Hello

Gerald Combs wrote:
Can you try one of the recent installers from

  http://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/win32/

and see if the  problem still exists?  I updated the GNUTLS package in
the installer recently, which hopefully fixes the problem.

With 0.99.4 I experienced startup delays in the range of 15 - 20 seconds similar to those reported here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.network.wireshark.devel/2298/

The newest one (wireshark-setup-0.99.5-SVN-20375.exe) has reduced the startup time to around 2 seconds.

--
Best Regards
Kovarththanan Rajaratnam