Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compiling with VC++ 2005 Express Edition?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 04:21:39 +0100
Stephen Fisher wrote:
Ulf,

Have you built Wireshark with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition (with Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows 2003 R2 in the WinXP build environment) yet? I've never tried compiling Wireshark on Windows before so I don't know what these errors even mean:

ascend-scanner.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__strdup ref erenced in function _ascendlex

I end up getting "34 unresolved externals" that all appear to be standard C functions such as fprintf, fdopen, lseek, etc preceeded by __imp___(?). This is early in the build process where it's linking the wiretap library together.
I've checked in a related patch from Laurent Rabret, you may try another build.

As I don't know the real cause of the problem, I don't know if the problem is fixed (all my machines are keep building just fine ...).

Regards ,ULFL