Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How far from branching next release?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 18:48:40 +0100

>  It depends how long we have to wait for the branching to take place.

Hi!

I'm currently deep in the process of bringing compilation on "various" Microsoft compiler variants to life, and I'm making good progress.

There are some (minor) things left to be solved, which I think I'll need a few days more.

I feel to be involved in the following items of the 0.99.5 roadmap:
- "Use the "User's Guide" as the online help system": that's almost finished, I *might* be able to complete this in the next days as well
- "Version checking / Windows updater": I've started to work on this but this is far from being complete - move to 0.99.6?

What about releasing a new version somewhere around the start of next week (if everything goes well)?

Regards, ULFL