Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Slow startup delay caused by uninitialized variable...

Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:49:48 -0500
I cannot find the source code for gcry_rndw32_gather_random.  In the patched version of libgcrypt used with Wireshark 0.99.4 there is an uninitialized variable being checked and since it is not consistently set will cause the slow random bit generation code to be used instead of existing after getting them using CryptGenRandom.  The bad code reference is right after the memset done to clear out the random bits.

I would be glad to offer a patch if someone can point me to where the correct code for this function is.