Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Microsoft Visual C Version 6support isa bitoutdated ...

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 23:40:13 +0100
Laurent Rabret wrote:
Hi Andrew,
Maybe your linker errors stems from bad compiler options. Initially I recommended to remove some default libs and to force msvcrxx thanks to /DEFAULTLIB and /NODEFAULTLIB options in LOCAL_LDFLAGS (in the config.nmake file). Actually, it was probably a bad solution and I recommend to remove these options and to set the /MD flag next to /Zi /W3 in LOCAL_CFLAGS . Ulf, this flag avoid modifications in the plugins directory and guarantees lib consistency. I suppose it should work with VS6 also but can not check. Hope it will help and if it word, it is certainly a good idea to change the config.nmake file.
Hi Laurent!

Could you provide a patch so we don't confuse each other - and talk about different things. I'm not really an expert on this lib issues ;-)

However, I can test it on all mentioned MSVC variants (even VS6), so we'll see.

Regards, ULFL

P.S.: In the meantime, I can successfully compile and run Wireshark versions generated on every MSVC variant mentioned - so there's actually some real progress in this topic ;-)))