Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Consensus needed on bug #813

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 19:08:39 -0800
Can we get a consensus on whether or not to make the change suggested in
bug #813 so we can close it out? :)  I'm leaning toward making the
change, but that would mean also changing the display filter that people
are used to.

In a sample output from tethereal on a debian box which corresponds to
what I see in ethereal on my XP box. The frame size is properly labeled
in the first line of output. On line 6 of output the frame length is
improperly being labeled as Packet Length:. Obviously this is a trivial
issue, but since ethereal tries to be very strict in it's description of
a frame, it is clearly inaccurate to say a packet is the same thing as a
frame. Hope this isn't too annoying a thing to point out.

1 Frame 1 (60 bytes on wire, 60 bytes captured)
    Arrival Time: Mar 13, 2006 14:59:10.977241000
    Time delta from previous packet: 0.000000000 seconds
    Time since reference or first frame: 0.000000000 seconds
    Frame Number: 1
    Packet Length: 60 bytes
    Capture Length: 60 bytes

Thanks,