Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Are user decodes persisted?

From: "Douglas Pratley" <Douglas.pratley@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 16:13:56 -0000
Sadly, not all users are (even macro) coders. While I am happy to modify
Wireshark's behaviour using Lua, some people here want to be able to do
it through the UI.

Are you suggesting that if I were to write some UI functionality to save
the decodes that lua would be suitable format for saving it in? That's
an interesting idea, and would save defining a file format and writing
some form of parser. Not quite sure how I'd kick off lua from within
code to read it back in but I'm sure it would be possible so long as lua
was available.