Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Microsoft Visual C Version 6 support isa bitoutdated ...

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 06:10:42 +0100
Andrew Hood wrote:
http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.openssl.users/browse_thread/thread/72c89ea76c253905/76f8cbdc64a6efd6?lnk=st&q=MSVC+%22X509_NAME%22&rnum=1#76f8cbdc64a6efd6

and

http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.openssl.users/browse_thread/thread/e01d1192f0ff788e/985b19d72f4829bc?lnk=st&q=MSVC+%22X509_NAME%22&rnum=2#985b19d72f4829bc

both refer to this X509_NAME issue.

Adding /DNOCRYPT to GNUTLS_CFLAGS in config.nmake seems to work with
MSVC2005
Thanks for pointing it out!

As the threads suggest, this isn't a direct problem with the MSVC version used, but if a Platform SDK is used or not.

I've tried:

Visual Studio 2005 compiles without errors (/DNOCRYPT or not)
Visual C++2005 Express Edition + Platform SDK gives the errors on openssl.h (/DNOCRYPT or not)!

So I've changed the config.nmake accordingly, with a new PLATFORM_SDK_DIR setting -> if a platform SDK is used, don't compile GNUTLS.

Again, the new settings in config.nmake are still experimental and subject to change - e.g. I currently don't know if the SDK setting needs the dir or not, but time and further experiments will tell :-)

Regards, ULFL