Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Microsoft Visual C Version 6 support isa bitoutdated ...

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 00:46:26 +1100
Ulf Lamping wrote:
> RABRET Laurent RD-MAPS-ISS wrote:
-snip-
>>Caution: if you test, DO NOT FORGET to compile "zlib" to ensure RT lib consistency.
>>

> I've just disabled ZLIB (avoiding compilation of it - for now) and
> GNUTLS (strange compiler error that I don't understand) in the
> config.nmake, if anything else than MSVC6 is used. This should work for now.

It wouldn't be this one by any chance? Quoting myself from December 05
<45741D6E.2080308@xxxxxxxxx>

In openssl.h I had to change the typedef for X509_NAME and all the
places it is used to something else because of some error I suspect (but
couldn't prove) is a name clash. X509_NAME_SCREWS_UP_MSVC8 seems to be
acceptable to the compiler.

But as I said then, the binaries would not run.

                -- Dr. Who