Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Temp filename for capturing starts with "ether"

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 17:35:29 -0500

Stephen Fisher wrote:
Is the temporary filename for capturing that starts with "ether" a relic from the Ethereal project name?

[I noticed this again today and remembered your post from a while back...]

Undoubtedly.

But the name of this temporary capture is everywhere: in the FAQ, the Wiki, etc. (because that's the temporary file users should attach to their bug report if Wireshark crashes or whatever) so it would be slightly non-trivial to change.