Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Why is the Win32 buildbot running with the current configuration

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 13:06:35 +0100
Hi List!

The current default settings (config.nmake / Makefile.nmake) don't run on my machine without changes - and I don't seem to be the only one (see prokashs problems lately).

I'm wondering why the buildbot is running without problems - I guess it's still using old cygwin tools.

These are the things I've noticed to be problematic:

- config.nmake: using cygwin python, which doesn't seem to work for some time (changing to native Win32 python works fine) - Makefile.nmake: using cygwin bash with the setup target (using dos2unix to convert the line endings of the corresponding bash file works fine)

The switch to native python also requires to change the recommendation in the User's Guide accordingly.

The dos2unix tool should be already available with a default cygwin installation, but native python will be missing on the buildbot I would guess.

I'll change the configuration accordingly soon. I'll guess the buildbot will fail from that moment until Gerald installs the Win32 python :-(

Regards, ULFL